1. erin wasson is adding another title to her ever-growing list of jobs. besides modeling, styling, designing jewelry, and musing, she is now designing a capsule collection for rvca, a surf/skate company based in orange county. the looks are more right coast than left coast, with denim cutoffs, blazers, silk shirts, and slouchy tanks. the spring collection will be available at opening ceremony in nyc and l.a.
2. jourdan dunn continues to tear it up following up her july vogue italia cover with an ed in the august issue, and the i-D cover for september. she also reteams with in an editorial inside. as the title says, “you owe it to yourself. set the world on fire.”
3. rumours have sprung up that alexander mcqueen is in talks with target to be a go international designer in the near future. it would be the biggest thing to hit the bullseye since jack mccollough and lazaro hernandez, although i doubt we’ll see some of his greatest hits (tulle ballgowns anyone?) at tar-jay.
4. after all of the articles and features, the gap fall collection, designed by patrick robinson, has started to trickle into stores and it’s amazing! i’m loving the flannel blazers, comfy knit sweaters, and railroad stripe jeans.
5. i am by no means inspired by lindsay lohan’s style (or lack thereof), but she has great taste in handbags. right now, she’s been sporting the chanel portobello tote from the paris-london collection. the design is a bag within a bag, and comes in a zip top version and one that looks like a quilted flap inside a tote bag. of course at a starting price of $2495, it doesn’t come cheap.
erin wasson for rvca, wwd; i-d cover, i-d’s myspace; mcqueen runway and gap pics, style.com; lohan pic, lindsayimages