when i think about my beauty journey, it’s definitely been a long and winding road. as a teen with bad acne, i used makeup to cover my skin and color as a way to distract from my bad skin. as i’ve gotten older and focused more on skincare, i didn’t feel the need to wear as much makeup and wanted my makeup to be more simplified.
i was lucky enough to partner with merit, started by former who what wear co-founder katherine power, for the initial launch. i’ve consistently been impressed with their product offerings, color range, and sustainable practices. i have also loved that they didn’t come right out the gate with a ton of offerings but a considered collection.
eyeshadows are always something that sounds good in theory, but i feel like i have to be a makeup expert to get it to look the way i want. enter the new merit solo shadow. it’s a cream-to-powder formula that dries down to a soft matte. it comes in a range of neutrals and muted colors to layer or wear…solo. wears all day with no creasing, and made with ingredients that soothe the eyes, essential for me as a contact wearer.
here’s how i get my 5 minute merit look:
- after my normal skincare routine, i shake the great skin instant glow serum, give two pumps into my palm and apply all over.
- swipe the minimalist perfecting complexion stick in amber around my eyes, edges of my nose, around my mouth. blend with the #1 brush.
- using the new #2 brush, give my eyes a wash of color with the new solo shadow in social, a soft mauve.
- finish the eyes with a few coats of clean lash mascara.
- dab flush balm in cheeky on my cheeks and across the bridge of my nose and blend with my fingers
- highlight my cheekbones, down my nose, and above my cupid’s bow with the day glow highlighting balm.
- apply shade slick tinted lip oil in pink beet and i’m ready to head out the door.
i love how the mauve color gives a little pop to my eyes without being overpowering, and the application is so easy. i’d love to hear if you try the new solo shadows or anything from merit. your first order ships in a signature bag (that you can reuse!) and free shipping on all orders over $40.
great skin instant glow serum, the minimalist perfecting complexion stick in amber, solo shadow in social (gifted), clean lash mascara in perfect black, flush balm in cheeky, day glow highlighting balm in citrine, shade slick in pink beet, all by merit. also wearing anastasia brow definer 3-in-1 pencil