i had every intention of getting up another post this week, but life you know? this week was another jam packed one on the work and personal fronts. i did get to see one of my favorite bands, queens of the stone age, last night which was so much fun. this weekend will be equally busy: going to the ballet tonight (eek!), then a chill saturday (hoping to take advantage of the warm-ish weather) before a brunch and the super bowl on sunday. have any cool things on your weekend agenda?
- i had seen photos of princess diana wearing an eagles bomber jacket, but had no idea how that came to be until i read this article. who knew green and silver were here favorite colors?
- and speaking of natural beauties, gisele graces the cover of february’s vogue italia sans makeup. photographed at her home outside boston by jamie hawkesworth, it’s a glimpse of her everyday life that you don’t typically see from the normally private model.
- with fashion week on the horizon, the cfda has taken some measures to ensure those in the industry are protected against discrimination and assaults. they have clearly defined sexual harassment and outlined action to take if someone finds themselves in danger. condé nast issued a code of conduct for its publications across all countries earlier in the week. while there lots more work to be done, these are positive first steps in creating change in an industry that truly needs it.
- dries van noten is one of my favorite designers, so i was so excited to find his documentary is available to watch at home on netflix. i’ve read that it really focuses on his process over time instead of one collection from beginning to end.
- full coverage foundation is having a moment, after years of un-makeup makeup, foundation is back but not as heavy as your grandmom’s compact versions. fenty beauty has seen huge success with their version (which i have), but in the past month, bobbi brown, nars, and now dior have released their options which promise fuller coverage without the weight. as someone with more mature skin, i generally go the less-is-more route, but there are times that i am going from work meetings to events that go into the night, and i want my makeup to last. i’ve heard good things about the nars and dior ones, so i’m tempted to get a sample and try them out. what’s your preference on foundation?