1. men’s spring 09 fashion week is in full swing, and i loved burberry prorsum’s slouchy layers, dries van noten’s relaxed office wear and calvin klein’s sleek 90s minimal suiting.
2. and speaking of the nineties, one my favorite models of that era nabbed a fall campaign, as stella tennant pops up in the vera wang ads, shot by steven meisel. lookin’ gorgeous and definitely a more grown up direction for wang’s ads.
3. mid century modern architect john lautner is having a retrospective of his work at the hammer museum at ucla starting next month. the goldstein house is probably the design i love the most, but he is probably best known for the chemosphere (which was featured in charlie’s angels)
4. i’m taking a trip soon to the east coast, and i’m obsessed with finding my favorite skincare lines in convenient “carry-on” sizes. bliss has a cute one that also comes with a tiny bar soap (perfect for the hotel room), and this one from malin+goetz is packaged in a reusable zip lock bag.
5. i’m so excited to see images from the filming of gossip girl in the hamptons. real-life socialite (and handbag designer) tinsley mortimer even shows up in an episode. can’t wait until the new season starts!
men’s show images, men.style.com; vera wang ad, wwd; goldstein house, jamesfgoldstein.com; gossip girl, celebutopia