happy early st. patrick’s day! i’m getting back into the swing of things at home after lots of travel and shoot prep.i know a lot of people were talking about daylight savings time messing them up, but for me it’s been the rain. i’m loving leaving work when it’s still light out, but i can’t get back onto a good workout schedule (i like to start my day with a 3 mile run). this weekend will be all about work and play—getting my place in order but also some fun st. patrick’s day parties and seeing mustache harbor. if you live in the bay are…go see them!
- glossier has opened a pop up shop in san francisco—in a sandwich restaurant. open daily between now and april 14 at rhea’s cafe, you can get their super tasty fried chicken or korean steak sandwich while stocking up on boy brow or cloud paint, or trying out the new lidstar eye enhancing shadow.
- i’m loving this collaboration between uniqlo and tomas maier, the creative director of bottega veneta. his minimal with a twist aesthetic is right up my alley, and most of the collection retails for under $200.
- and also speaking of collabs, you can now get anthropologie home in 15 nordstrom stores starting march 19. it remains to be seen how these types of things (ex. nordstrom selling j. crew and madewell) have helped or hurt either business, but there’s no question it’s a great way for the smaller brands to expand their reach and tap into new customers.
- in magazine news, in april you can get a double dose of kardash-jenner’s as kendall fronts vogue and kim is on the cover of elle, the second issue under new editor-in-chief nina garcia. i’ve already received my elle, and it’s really, really good, especially the editorial and interview with kim. but then again, i’ve been loving elle a lot more in the past few years for their interesting cover selections, bolder editorials, and thoughtful articles.
- the cfda has announced the nominees for their annual awards, and there are a few surprises, like virgil abloh for off-white and gabriela hearst for womenswear designer of the year (the former is also nominated for menswear designer of the year), and james jebbia of supreme for menswear designer of the year. i’m most excited to see narciso rodriguez receive the geoffrey beene lifetime achievement award. the ceremony, hosted by issa rae, will be shown online on june 4.