1. hard to top last month’s vogue italia, but the august issue sees another ysl tribute, this one with a much more somber feel. karen elson, linda evangelista, guinevere vanseenus, iris strubegger, and mark vanderloo star in “silent,” which while being a gorgeous ed should probably feature more of the models ysl used, including pat cleveland and naomi campbell. jourdan dunn makes a reappearance teaming with josh beech for “the now ease” (by emma summerton).
2. lanvin always has one of the best ads of the season, and f/w is no exception. liya and raquel slink through the night, looking one part sleepy hollow and one part helmut newton. the intensity in liya’s eyes is so great…it’s her best work yet. check out another ad below…
3. christian louboutin is the king of the hot ankle boots. the lastic, the hung up, the ariella, all cl products. this season i’m loving the bang bang, his take on the beatles elastic side boot. so hot!
4. i discovered the jewelry line dirty librarian at azalea in hayes valley…susan domelsmith reworks vintage chains and metal into elaborate pieces of draped, knotted and looped necklaces, bracelets, glasses holders, and rings. you can find her pieces online at tobi and revolve clothing.
5. it’s almost september and that means it’s almost time for the spring 09 shows. heading to new york? coacd’s got your schedule. what stands out? halston’s still on there…even without a designer. christian siriano has a prime thursday night spot, between tommy hilfiger and zac posen/ finally the celeb factor is low, although william rast has moved here (they showed in l.a. last season) and there’s a rumoured l.a.m.b. show (not on the schedule). keep checking for updates…you know how fashion week is.
vogue italia scanned by diciassette at bwgreyscale; lanvin scanned by luxx and skywire at tFS, louboutin pic from mailpro1.free.fr, dirty librarian chains image from tobi.com