as the calendar turns to february, it can only mean that it’s time for mercedes benz fashion week in new york. i have skipped the new york shows for the past few seasons, not because i didn’t want to go, but because i didn’t want to deal with the winter weather. i’ve actually loved the fall collections a bit more than the spring–with more layers and knits, deeper shades, and fabulous accessories, what’s not to love? as i get ready to make the cross country trek at the end of the week, one of the biggest parts of my packing is my beauty items. when it comes to makeup, i’m a minimalist girl at heart so i try to keep the route small and bring things that are portable for touch-ups and last minute schedule changes.
here is a list of what i’m bringing, from my favorite fragrance (love a guy’s scent on a girl!) to my go-to moisturizer and foundation. what are you makeup go-to’s?
1. chanel joues contraste blush in plum attraction
2. bigelow all-in-one protective day lotion spf 25
3. ysl touche éclat in toffee
4. revlon luxurious color smoky crayon in smoky grey
5. the body shop nature’s minerals blotting tissues
6. becca luminous skin color spf 25 in cognac
7. smith’s rosebud salve
8. ysl faux cils mascara in black
9. fresh sugar plum tinted lip treatment spf 15
10. tom ford grey vetiver cologne
what else is on my mind as fashion week starts? dani over at ferohhhsh put together this great list of bloggers’ fashion week prep, including me, stylewylde, the fat and the skinny, the greyest ghost, fasshonaburu, and more. please check it out (and check out the other fabulous bloggers featured.)